You can do this either by hand or in a Kitchen Aid (or whatever).
1 T Yeast
1 T Sugar
1/2 C Warm Water
1 T Butter
1 Egg White (save the yolk)
1 1/2 t Salt
1 T Honey
1 3/4 C Flour
- Knead by hand for 10 minutes or with machine for 5 minutes. The dough will be pretty soft and sticky.
- Cover and let rise until double in size (60-90 minutes).
- Punch down (use flour to lessen the stickiness).
- Divide into two lumps and then divide each lump into three parts.
- Form six round lumps of dough and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Using your leftover egg yolk and 1 T of water, make an egg bath and coat your buns generously. (At this point you can also top with sesame seeds, garlic salt, onion salt, or whatever tickles your fancy.)
- Cover and let rise 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 f and bake 15 minutes.
- Cool, slice in half, eat.
*Food Friday has a new rating system (as opposed to the old one? I know...). If I share a recipe that we have recently tried, I will let you know how we enjoyed it. Stars just don't seem culinary enough though so we will rate it on a scale of 1-5 Celery Sticks (5 being the best of course). Some day Phil is going to create me an image that I can actually show the ratings but for now you will have to be content to read the ratings.