6 large slices sourdough bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 C cooked ham
1 red bell peppeer, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
3 green onions, sliced
2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
2 C milk
2 T Dijon mustard
black pepper to taste
2 dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
4 oz (1/4 lb) Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
1/3 C chopped toasted walnuts (optional)
- Spray a 7x11-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Spread half of the bread cubes evenly on the bottom.
- top with half of the cubed ham, bell peppers, green onions, and mozzarella cheese.
- Spread remaining bread cubes evenly over cheese and top with remaining ham, peppers, onions, and cheese.
- In a blender, process milk, eggs, mustard, pepper, hot sauce, and Gorgonzola until cheese is finely crumbled.
- Pour mixture over casserole and sprinkle with walnuts (if desired).
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight, covered.
- Bake (uncovered) in preheated 350 degree oven 45 minutes (until golden brown and puffed).