6 Pounds Spareribs, Cut into serving size pieces
1/2 C Chopped Onions
2 Cans Condensed Tomato Soup
1/2 C Brown Sugar
1/4 C Hot Sauce
1 T Vinegar
2 T Butter (or margarine)
1/3 C Worcestershire Sauce
1 T Prepared Dry Mustard (the spice)
1/4 t Ground Cloves
- In large pan, cover spare ribs with water.
- Simmer 1 hour; drain.
- Arrange in two 1/2 quart shallow baking dishes.
- In saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Spoon over ribs.
- Bake at 450 for 30 minutes or until done.
- I used Pork Tenderloin instead of ribs ('cause that is what was on sale and therefore in my freezer).
- I didn't simmer the pork for an hour in water.
- After I made the sauce (as directed, except I only had whole cloves), I poured it over the pork arranged in my crockpot (instead of two shallow dishes).
- I cooked it for 5 hours in a crockpot instead of in the oven.
(Ok, I'm not really a fan of okra and the only grits I've had were cheese grits and they were pretty 'ummy.)
Phil: 4 Celery Sticks (he thinks the original is better, use ribs, simmer them, etc.)
Heidi: 5 Celery Sticks (I never had the original)
Eden: 3 Celery Sticks (not "eeooh, 'ucky, 'ucky - but also not 'ummy, 'ummy)