Sunday, February 6, 2011

Eden's Room

I haven't been happy with how E's room looks. She wanted pink, pink, pink, and stars but I just could figure out how to pull it all together. Having a queen sized bed in her room looked cramped and it seemed her bookshelves always look messy and old (well, they ARE old, I had them before Phil and I got married).

I decided it was time for a makeover. I moved her bed under the window. Then I covered the bookshelves with craft paper (clearance no less!) and for $3 I had two new bookshelves. I found an adorable night light (flower) at IKEA and convinced Eden to let me change the stars out for flowers (although we still have a few stars around the room). It looks so much better, more orderly, and definitely more roomy.

Take a look:


2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute! I like it! Just wondering, what did you use to cover your book shelves? Did you just mod podge them? They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shelves look great as does the rest of the room... love the light! E is a very lucky girl to have such a talented mom!

    ReplyDelete