Monday, March 7, 2011

Fun with Reptiles

Today for our co-op preschool, I taught about the letter "R" and Reptiles. We did some fun crafts so I thought I'd share:
This cute chameleon (stolen idea from my sister Emily)
The kids had fun sticking the tongues in my ear. Thanks TANGLED for that idea!
Torn paper turtles. I was surprised that this really captured their attention and was a good motor skills developer. Who knew that tearing paper was a skill that had to be developed?
This was my favorite. These cereal snakes were a last minute idea I had (I know, an idea of my very own!).
I prepared them to this point with embroidery thread and craft foam with a sticky side. Then I put the eyes on (they could have done that). I put tape around one side and then they went to town threading the cereal (and eating the ones that weren't perfect).
When they were done, I put a triangle piece of the sticky craft foam on to make a tail and to keep the cereal in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment