Monday, November 17, 2008

I know Layne and I'm no Layne...

Layne: married to the most funny VM guy

Me: married to the most not funny VM guy*



Layne: degree in Technical Writing and therefore a bona fide Grammar Nazi

Me: minor in English and therefore a self-proclaimed Grammar Nag



Layne: keeps up with four adorable, energetic offspring

Me: barely keeps up with one fairly calm offspring



Layne: shops at Whole Foods and NEVER at Walmart

Me: shops mostly at Winn Dixie and once in a while at Walmart



Layne: grows much of her own food (including meat, produce, eggs, etc.) on her home farm

Me: grew this
(and only this)
in my "garden" this year:


pathetic,
I know.
It is about two inches long.


Sad....


but Layne still loves me.


*During the summer Phil and I got married, Layne's oldest son informed me that "my dad is the funniest guy up there [on stage] and your dad [I assume he thinks Phil is my dad] is the most not funny."

3 comments:

  1. Whoa, whoa, whoa! I didn't even have a garden this year except for collard greens and chard! Also I usually shop--grocery-wise--from Costco. So not nearly as fancy-pants as you think. And just think of Phil's humor as more cerebral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Layne sounds like a great gal, but we sure love our Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Phil doesn't get a complex reading that he is NO Jay Leno. Chris and I still like you Phil! Heidi, you are great the way you are! Like Butter!!!

    ReplyDelete