Friday, March 20, 2009

Food Friday: Creamy French Potato Salad

Tired of the traditional mustard-based potato salad?
Here is a treat for you!

6 C Cubed Baking Potato
1/2 C Sour Cream
1/3 C Mayonnaise
1/4 C French Dressing
1/2 t Salt
1/8 t Black Pepper
1/8 t Celery Seeds
1 C Chopped Celery
1 C Diced Onion
1/4 C Diced Red Bell Pepper
2 Chopped Hard Boiled Eggs

  • Boil the potato pieces until tender. Drain.
  • In a large bowl combine potatoes, celery, onion, bell pepper, and eggs.
  • In a small bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, dressing, salt, pepper, and celery seeds.
  • Pour dressing mixture over potato mixture.
  • Chill at least one hour.
  • Serves 6.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, this is really similar to my favorite potato salad I make. I don't have a recipe though. No bell peppers (they hate me). I was walking through one of my favorite grocery stores and had to bypass the deli section because I was craving potato salad and theirs just isn't nearly as good as this stuff. So, I have a feeling I will be making tater salad before the day is over. Your post made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, that is funny because I had forgotten but when I found this recipe it was because I was searching for a recipe like yours because yours is so good! Silly me. Awesome you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never have mustard-based potato salad! I feel jealous of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so you know I love your food Friday posts. I haven't made all of them but those I have made I love. Forget allrecipes.com, I just search your Food Friday label. :)

    ReplyDelete