Friday, September 11, 2009

Oh yum ice cream (really yogurt)

For his birthday*, Phil bought be an ice cream maker (the kind that doesn't require ice or salt - LOVE IT!)

I've been having fun creating ice cream and came up with this recipe that is absolutely yummy! I love it, everyone who has tasted it loves it, and it is easy as in E.A.S.Y.!

Ingredients:
  • 2 C Blueberry** Yogurt (I use my Winn Dixie brand but Dannon or Yoplait or whatever will be just fine)
  • 1 C Heavy Cream (not whipped, just straight from the carton)
  • 1/2 C Sugar
Instructions:
  1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
  2. Mix well.
  3. Pour into your ice cream maker.

The flavor is awesome, the texture is so creamy. If you sprinkle it with graham crumbs it totally tastes like blueberry cheesecake.

** You can use any flavor: raspberry is good, strawberry is fine, whatever.


*For our birthdays we buy gifts for each other (we get gifts too). It is kind of a fun tradition.

1 comment:

  1. I made this again but without the sugar and with 1/2 C more yogurt and only 1/2 C cream. It was delicious! No added sugar is wonderful! (I know there is sugar in my yogurt, I'm not in complete denial)

    This is seriously a great treat though!

    ReplyDelete