- 1 Can Chicken Broth
- 1 Can Stewed Tomatoes
- 1/2 C Chopped Chicken
- 3/4 C uncooked Cheese-filled Tortellini
- 1/2 C Fresh (or flash frozen) Spinach
- Italian Herbs (I used thyme and basil) to taste
- Pepper to taste (the broth and tomatoes both have plenty of sodium so you shouldn't need salt)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese for on top (this is low in lactose so I used it, if you aren't dealing with LI issues you could use Parmesan)
- Put the broth and tomatoes in a pot and bring to a simmer.
- Add herbs (dried or fresh) - you could also add garlic here.
- Add the chicken and tortellini.
- One minute before the tortellini is cooked through add the spinach.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle cheese on top.
This is a beautiful soup with a hearty yet fresh taste–not heavy. I will definitely be making this again!
(I really should get pictures of my food so I can show you but I'm always too busy devouring it to take a picture so you'll just have to take my word for it.)