Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 8 oz pasta (they suggest extra-wide egg noodles - I used chinese noodles because that is what I had)
- 4 oz stringless sugar snap peas
- 1 C shredded carrots
- 1 C frozen peas
- 1 C chicken broth
- 1/2 C heavy or whipping cream (or in my case I have to use Soy Milk because of E's lactose issues)
- 1 t freshly grated lemon peel (I think it could have used more)
- 1/2 t coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 C skinless chicken meat–cubed
- In large sauce pot, cook noodles as label directs. Add snap peas to pot 1 minute before noodles are done.
- Place carrots and frozen peas in colander. Drain noodles and snap peas over carrots and peas.
- While noodle mixture drains, in same sauce pot, heat broth, cream, lemon peel, pepper, and salt to b oiling over high heat.
- Add chicken and noodle mixture to sauce; heat through, stirring constantly.
Each serving: about 510 calories, 33 g protein, 52 g carbohydrate, 20 g total fat (9 g saturated), 158 mg cholesterol, 750 mg sodium.