Monday, August 24, 2009

My Love Affair Continues

I love having frozen spinach!

Seriously, you may remember that I bought a bunch of fresh spinach and wondered about whether I could freeze it and then I decided to just freeze it fresh. I learned that you shouldn't thaw it out before using it but steam it or cook with it straight from the freezer.

I have been making this delicious spinach pasta using the frozen spinach ever since. It works great.

Saturday I decided to make spinach-chicken-alfredo calzones. I took two bags of my fresh/frozen spinach and while still frozen and in the bag I broke up the pieces of spinach (so much easier than cutting it) and then poured it right into the sauce. Oh, so yummy! Fresh taste, convenient, nutritious, economical ... what could be better?

Yeah, I'm in love with fresh/frozen spinach!

No comments:

Post a Comment