Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fabric Pumpkins




I made these cute pumpkins out of old shirts that Phil was giving to the thrift store (sorry Center of Hope, I snagged them first). I used the collar of the green shirt to make the leaves because that way they are stiff and have facing in them and fabric on both sides.

I cut circles out of the other shirts (ranging from about 14" to 8"). Then I basically made a large yo-yo (see tutorial here) and then instead of making it flat, I stuffed it with fiberfill. I used my glue gun to attach the leaf and then I stuck a stick (we have plenty of those around here) in the top (right into the fiberfill) for the stem.

I think they turned out really cute! I LOVE that I didn't have to buy a single item to make these cute decorations.

5 comments:

  1. Very CUTE and innovative, Heidi!!!! I can never think of these things until I see someone else do them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heidi -
    I'm a friend of Wonder's and she showed me your blog. I love the pumpkins - so cute! Just wanted to say that I've enjoyed reading your blog so far and look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Caps. Any friend of Wonder's is a friend of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I was going to bug you to teach me how to make these since I spied them at your house

    ReplyDelete