Friday, October 30, 2009

Specialty Flours Made at Home

Have you ever had a recipe that called for self rising flour but you didn't have any?

It is really easy to make your own!

For every cup of all purpose flour sift in 1 1/2 t Baking Powder and 1/2 t salt.

Ok, that was easy. What about cake flour?

Take a  1 cup measuring cup and put in 2 T of cornstarch then fill the rest with all purpose flour. Sift multiple times (until your flour is light and fluffy - some say as many as 12 times!).

Now you never have to pass up a yummy recipe because you don't have the right kind of flour!

Voila! (which, by the way is the word you mean when you say "wala" what is up with that? I hate reading "wala"  it drives me nuts, but I digress...)

1 comment:

  1. Voila is a French word. It means "see here". I used to work with a woman who actually said "Voy-lah", instead of "Wahlah". Drove me up the wall. I wanted to correct her, but I didn't want to be rude.

    ReplyDelete