Thursday, October 29, 2009

Grocery Shopping

Here is my favorite shopping assistant:
(isn't she cute?)





When I was a single working gal I didn't give much thought to shopping. It was an afterthought at best. If I needed something, I went to the store and bought it. I even kind of sneered at people who made grocery shopping an art form. Silly them, it really isn't that big-a-deal, I thought.

Now I am surprised at how much of my time and energy (and money!) goes toward grocery shopping.

I'm looking for your best tips. Where do you shop? Do you have any "rules" that you follow (e.g. my sister refuses to buy cereal for more than $2 a box)? How often do you shop? Are you organized?

I'm looking forward to your helpful hints! Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. My mom always had a two week list on the side of the fridge and I try to do the same. I "big" grocery shop about every two weeks and buy enough to make all the meals on the list. Of course I go to the grocery store (and Costco) WAY more than that because I like to spend money and get the heck out of my house. I like shopping best on Saturdays when Richard is home and can keep the kids. It is a treat for me to wander through Wal-mart without kids! Lots of ladies in my ward have started do "Grocery Smarts" and claim to save hundreds of dollars. I haven't plunged into that yet, but I may. I remember when I was little and would shop with my mom I was disgusted at how much money it cost. I still feel that way every time I go! Ugh! - Jenny

    ReplyDelete