Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Helpful Hint: Dishwasher Edition

Photo Credit: penelopejonze


I didn't go with a cheap dishwasher (not the most expensive either) so I was so sad to find all my dishes coated with soap scum. Frustrated. My sister gave me a great suggestion. She said to put a cup upright in the dishwasher and pour about 1/4-1/3 C of white vinegar into it.

It works like a dream! (a good dream, that is)

Apparently when phosphates were eliminated, soap scum returned. The vinegar takes care of that.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea. I am trying it tonight in our horrid jalopy of a dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! Thanks for that.
    I sure love white vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, I have heard it happeneding alot since phospate isn't used in the soap anymore.

    ReplyDelete