Thursday, October 21, 2010

Saved: Computer Desk Chair

Phil had a computer chair that must have been constructed in 1970. It was seriously old. The wood was scratched but it was solid wood - kind of an oak color. The fabric was UG-LY! I was going to throw it out. Somehow it ended up on the moving truck (hmmm, how did it make it but my silverware didn't?). After sitting in it a while, I decided it was fairly comfortable. I had some upholstery fabric that I'd bought like 10 years ago. I'd bought it really cheap as a remnant. My plan was to use it to make costumes for my costume box (at that time for the nieces and nephews). I did make some costumes but I still had enough to use on this chair. I spray painted the wood an espresso color so it would match my computer desk and voila! For less than $4, I have a gorgeous new chair!



The OLD fabric

The new (well, it is really old fabric too).
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I use the rolling chair you gave me everyday. I still can't believe you were going to toss it! I still haven't decided on red or cream for the paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Way to keep it out of the landfills.
    I can't wait to see it up close! Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Impressive! I can't wait to come see the house and you and sweet Eden!

    ReplyDelete